Wunderkammer

C'est moi.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I'm doing it. Repeat, I'm doing it.

I spoke to my boss. He's going to give me the time off, the receptionist is going to takeover my position while I'm gone. He must have already guessed I wanted to do this (maybe the stacks of travel books on my desk?). He is the sweetest man, he's letting me use my vacation days to get everything ready so as of tomorrow I'm finished at work!! (That's right, two exclamation marks)

I think this is the first time I've actually felt empowered in my life.
I'm going to be flying into Taipei and I've put myself on standby so I could be leaving as soon as next week. I feel like a new person, maybe this will get my writing again...
I hope I can get to a few internet cafes to update this blog. I'm kind of on the fence about it, I want to feel like I have started anew. I did just start this though...and I'm feeling a bit attached already. Who knows...

It seems like I've been planning for this since I got here. My rent is month to month and the majority of my possessions are already with friends and family. I even bought new luggage last month. It's weird how things work out sometimes you just need that little push.

To do:
work out Visa
check out teaching courses
take crash course in Mandarin
Find a heated storage centre
Change some money
Call Carl - get directions to his apartment
Send away cards to everyone so that they know I'm not dead
Buy gift for Dan (boss)
Pack
Breath in, breath out...this is actually happening.

I'm going to be pretty busy getting all this together. I don't know if I'll have time to update, if I don't, I'll be in touch soon my little blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home