Wunderkammer

C'est moi.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Cooking

I made dinner for myself this weekend. It was delicious beyond belief. Now I know that I'm a cooking fanatic but I think I really outdid myself this time.

I started with:
Triple cream brie baked into crusty bread with a dollop of cold Heinemann’s Couture raspberry jam.

Then:
Bocconcini slices with really ripe tomatoes, extra virgin olive old and some super old Balsamic.

Entree:
Chicken Consommé
Baby spinach salad with prosciutto and figs (I can't believe I found figs in season!)
Coq au Vin, I had been cooking this since Friday, the chicken just fell of the bones, so delicious!

Fin:
Crème Brûlée with wild berries, since I picked up that brûlée torch my dessert has been 10 times better. The sugar was so thick and crunchy, it felt like I was in a pâtissèrie! This time I used fresh (not dried) vanilla beans and that added so much flavour. I also switched to a higher quality crème fraîche, which made it so much creamier. I think in this case more expensive equals much better dessert.

Yay for French/Italian fusion cuisine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home